You can help create a more fair, transparent, and supportive environment for America’s farmers and ranchers by asking your members of Congress in the U.S. House and Senate to support the Opportunities for Fairness in Farming (OFF) Act.
In just a few minutes you can place a call and/or send an email to your members of Congress.
The OFF Act would prohibit anticompetitive behavior by preventing checkoff programs from paying agriculture lobbyists and banning activities involving conflicts of interest and deceptive practices.
“Industrial agriculture is sucking up family farmers’ hard-earned dollars and using those funds against the interests of the very producers it was designed to represent. The support for the OFF Act is overwhelming, with more than 80 farm organizations representing over 250,000 family farmers and ranchers, cheering on the measure… We hope to secure enactment of this legislation as a rider to the upcoming Farm Bill to save our American family farmers in peril.”Representative Nancy Mace (R-SC) – Sponsor of the OFF Act
OFF Act: Helpful Resources
- OEFFA: What’s OFF with Checkoff Programs?
- Farm Action: Milking Us Dry: Dairy Farmers Call on USDA to Release Missing Checkoff Reports
- Farm Action: OFF Act Section-by-Section Summary
- Farm Action: Latest Widespread Illegal Checkoff Lobbying Activity Demonstrates Need for Reform
- Ambrook Research: Has the Time for Checkoff Reform Finally Arrived?
- Letter from 131 organizations (including OEFFA!) requesting Congressional support for the OFF Act